Institute of Environmental Sustainability
Lake Shore Campus
Commonwealth Edison Smart Ideas Program incentive for $250,000
Illinois Clean Energy Program incentive for $90,000
Project Highlights and Results
- LEED Gold designation incorporating all possible Energy and Atmosphere points.
- ASHRAE Excellence in Engineering Award; First-Place: Chapter
- Project incorporates an existing high-rise dormitory building with new, state-of-the art laboratory, classroom and dormitory spaces which interact as part of an energy efficient building complex.
- Vertical closed-loop geothermal system installed underneath the building with supplemental heat from a biodiesel fuel burning boiler.
- 56% energy cost reduction achieved, exceeding predicted value of 47%.
Click here to view the full project profile