Elara provides building owners, associations, management companies, and developers with energy efficient designs that enhance occupant comfort, decrease energy costs, and ease ongoing operability and maintenance along with the procurement of utility incentives.
180 East Pearson
- ASHRAE Excellence in Engineering Award; First-Place: Chapter
- 50% reduction in energy costs
- Project improved system performance, reduced energy consumption, and improved occupant comfort.
130 N. Garland Court
- $25,000 procured for previously unaccounted metering credit.
- $440,265 in energy cost saved from actual utility bills over a 12-month period.
- $1,086,352 in energy cost savings recorded over a 33-month period.
- $34,024 incentive from ComEd Smart Ideas Program
- $137,029 annual savings identified in energy conservation measures
- Electricity use reduced by 20%, natural gas use reduced by 36%
320 W. Oakdale
- Replaced aging boilers designed to handle heating and domestic hot water load for entire building
- Smaller, more energy efficient boilers selected to address the challenge of working within a small space
525 W. Hawthorne Place
- ASHRAE Excellence in Engineering Award; First-Place: Chapter, Regional, International
- $243,906 Annual Utility Savings (50% decrease in annual utility costs after mechanical upgrade)
- Heating Conversion/Mechanical Upgrade and New Chilled Water Plant Projects projected to save approximately $400K annually in avoided utility costs
- $98,500 utility incentive successfully achieved for both projects
1130 South Michigan Avenue
- Engineering design upgraded building electrical service and infrastructure while fully occupied, with minimal disturbance to residents
- Additional modifications brought system into compliance with local code
Lake Park Plaza Condominiums
- Energy analysis identified opportunity to replace the building’s original absorption cooling unit with new high-efficiency electric chillers
- Saved over $175,000 (26% decrease) in utility costs in first year of operation of new cooling system
180 East Pearson – Generator Replacement
- Replaced 575kW generator
- Secured Chicago Special Permission Code Variance for a 74th floor installation
- Eliminated expensive, disruptive helicopter lift of new generator
1660 North LaSalle Condominiums – System Replacements/ Upgrades
- Boiler plant replacement & chiller redundancy implementation
- Expected $46,500 in annual utility savings
- Secured $57,500 in utility incentive funding
1122 North Clark Street (The Elm at Clark)
- Chiller & boiler plant replacement, MUA replacement, FACP upgrade
- $82,539 in utility incentive funding
- Reduced changeover time between heating and cooling modes from days to hours