Ford Center – Solar Array
Project Highlights and Results
- Northwestern University’s first on-site renewable energy source.
- Doubles as an educational tool for University engineering students.
- 17KW Photovoltaic solar array covers nearly all available area of lightly structure roof of the Engineering Building.
- Roof location and ability to see equipment on the roof from ground level, project also had visual/aesthetic constraints.
- Project incorporated new micro inverter technology, web based real time energy values, self-ballasted system (no roof penetrations), and low profile array