Chilled Water Plant/Campus System Upgrade
Health Science Campus
Commonwealth Edison Smart Ideas Program incentive pre-approval for $177,200
Project Highlights and Results
- 11 healthcare buildings; 4 educational buildings (LUC), including new construction of Translational Research Education Building.
- Intermingled CHW and electrical power networks between healthcare and educational buildings (under separate ownership).
- Multiple chiller plants in individual buildings.
- Achieved $177,200 in utility incentive funding and installed cost of approximately $850/ton by reusing existing infrastructure.
- Avoided >$1MM in construction cost for new translational research building.
Click here to view the full project profile