For Elara Engineering, sustainability is not (and cannot be) fully achieved without thoughtful and consistent consideration throughout the stages of the project’s development; from infancy through the completion of construction.
Rather, we believe that sustainability is only fully achieved with a commitment that incorporates each of the following elements.
- A thorough and detailed understanding of the building design, functional purpose, energy use, and existing and planned MEPFPIT systems.
- This is imperative as every building is unique.
- Extensive industry knowledge of appropriate and economically viable sustainable technology options to achieve low energy/low carbon/low water/low annual costs.
- This is imperative to match the best possible sustainable technology to a unique building while also addressing client needs, desires, financial constraints, and their own definition of sustainability.
- Proven design expertise to customize and engineer for the entire lifecycle of the selected sustainable technology to maximize its long-term positive effects. Sustainable technologies are only as good as the engineering design used to incorporate/maximize the technology within a client’s unique building.
- This is imperative as any “out of the box” sustainability technology must be further customized to be effective within any unique building.
- Sustainable equipment and systems can still operate inefficiently if they are not applied and operated under specific conditions.
- A long-term view that incorporates building management’s ability to track and respond to system data to proactively operate the installed sustainable technology to maintain reliability on an ongoing basis.
- This is imperative as it is the only way to ensure that sustainability is achieved far into the future.