Burnham Park Plaza
40 E. 8th Street
Project Highlights and Results
- After studying the flue venting system of the domestic hot water heaters, Elara determined there was a problem with the condominium's venting configuration that was causing exhaust gases to seep into the mechanical room.
- An investigation identified a venting problem with the stack associated with two aging absorption chillers and main heating boiler.
- Recommended that a new cooling and heating plant be installed instead of maintaining the existing absorption chiller system that was used for heating and cooling.
- Two older hot water heaters also were replaced with newer, more efficient models.
- Absorption chillers were replaced with electric chillers and condensing boilers to achieve greater efficiency overall.
Click here to view the full project profile