Loyola University Health Science Campus, Maywood IL
Project Highlights and Results
- 11 healthcare buildings; 4 educational buildings (LUC), including new construction of Translational Research Education Building.
- Separated chilled water production and distribution for educational buildings.
- Improved operation and efficiency of pumping, distribution and controls.
- Separated normal/emergency power distribution/metering for educational buildings.
NEW CHILLED WATER PLANT
- Achieved $177,200 in utility incentive funding and installed cost of approximately $850/ton by reusing existing infrastructure.
- Avoided >$1MM in construction cost for new translational research building.
- Maintained campus aesthetics through unique working approach with utility (e.g., outdoor metal clad switchgear [non-typical to utility and purchased by University] and pad mounted transformers).
ENERGY CONSERVATION MEASURES (3 BUILDINGS)
- Energy Project Summary
- $1,869,000 Installation Cost
- $694,053 Incentives Awarded
- $506,831 Total Estimated Annual Energy Cost Savings
- 2.32 Years – Simple Payback Term
Click here to view the full project profile